Monday, December 6, 2010

Hampi


The arrival made me feel uplifted immediatly! My mind forgot that it was tired or that my body hadn't slept well (the bus journey being super bumpy). What lay in front of my eyes was beautiful. The boulders, the ruins, the river and the perfect weather. Vijayanagar - a lost capital, renamed as Hampi...and there i was, amidst its splendour.
Cycling through the litle town was fun! the coracle boats looked ultra cute. Moving on the Tungabhadra on a coracle boat, i had one the most serene, close-to-heaven experiences of my life. It was quiet and vast, surrounded by rock carvings of Hindu Gods on the sides.
The ages old idol of Lord Ganesh, carved out of a single rock, had a majestic aura to it, which made me want to linger around it. The rest of the ruined temples were just as good.
My trip was quite smooth and the locals were very helpful. All in all, i ahd a great time.

3 comments:

  1. wow!! sounds amazing!! you must have had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man wish even i was there..... u must have had loads of fun....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup! and cycling was so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete